Miss Marion Reilly, Dean of Bryn Mawr College (1907-1916)
|Showing 1 of 1||
American (1855 - 1942) Primary
Miss Marion Reilly, Dean of Bryn Mawr College (1907-1916)November 1918
39 1/4 in. x 26 1/4 in. (99.7 cm x 66.68 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- oil paintings - Creative works in the medium of oil paint.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- Cecilia Beaux: American Figure Painter Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts , Jan 14, 2008 – Apr 30, 2008
- Cecilia Beaux and the Art of Portraiture National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institution , Oct 6, 1995 – Jan 28, 1996
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Tara Leigh Tappert,
Cecilia Beaux and the Art of Portraiture
Smithsonian Institution Press.
Washington, DC, 1995
Page Number: 128-129
The Paintings and Drawings of Cecilia Beaux
Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts.
Philadelphia, PA, 1955
Page Number: 88, 90
High Museum of Art, University of California Press.
Berkeley, CA, 2007
Page Number: 95, Figure Number: 84
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Miss Marion Reilly, Dean of Bryn Mawr College (1907-1916)".View current selection of records as: