The Purple Pansies
|Showing 1 of 1||
Edith Longstreth Wood
American (1885 - 1967) Primary
The Purple Pansies20th century
Oil on canvas
28 in. x 23 1/4 in. (71.12 cm x 59.06 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: X.13.a
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Paintings; Oil Paintings
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- flower - Material comprising flowers, which are the reproductive portion of any plant in the division Magnoliophyta (Angiospermae).
- flowers - The reproductive portions of any plant in the division Angiospermae, flowering plants. As popularly used, the term "flower" especially applies when part or all of the reproductive structure is distinctive in color and form.
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- still lifes
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Paintings by Edith Lonstreth Wood (1885-1967), A Memorial Exhibition Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts , Nov 15, 1967 – Dec 31, 1967
- Image Dimensions: 28 x 23 1/4 in. (71.12 x 59.055 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "The Purple Pansies".View current selection of records as: