Book Plate with Japanese Calligraphy20th century
11 1/4 in. x 15 11/16 in. (28.58 cm x 39.85 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- calligraphy - Art of writing, particularly the creation of beautiful, elegant letters or flourishes by hand with a pen, either in unjoined characters or in cursive writing.
- calligraphy - Works composed primarily of beautiful, elegant letters or flourishes that are typically created by hand with a pen, either in unjoined characters or in cursive writing. May also refer to similar works created by computer or another means.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- photomechanical prints - Images produced by processes that involve a photographic process (that is, employing light-sensitivity) to transfer an image, and then a separate process to produce the print, which was never itself light-sensitive.
- Sheet Dimensions: 11 1/4 x 15 11/16 in. (28.575 x 39.846 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Asian Prints" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Prints" and [Object]Century is "20th century" and [Object]Display Artist is "Unknown Artist".View current selection of records as: