Bowl with LidChoson
Probably 19th century
7 1/2 x 3 3/4 in. (19.05 x 9.53 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- bowls - Rounded, cuplike, hollow parts of objects, such as the body of a stemmed vessel or the part of a pipe in which tobacco is burned.
- bowls - Rounded vessels that are generally wider than they are high, usually hemispherical or nearly so. A bowl may have a spreading base or foot ring and sometimes two handles or a cover. Distinguished from a cup, which is rather deep than wide.
- bronzes - Collectively, the class of sculptures, containers, or other objects executed in bronze, especially artifacts or works considered to be art. When possible, use the material term "bronze (metal)" plus a more specific object name, such as "bronze" + "figurines" or "bronze" + "bowl."
- Korean - Culture and style of peoples from the East Asian peninsula of Korea.
- lids - Covers for the opening at the top of a vessel or other receptacle, or which close the mouth of an aperture; lids may be detached or turned upon a hinge in order to give access to the interior.
- vessels - Containers designed to serve as receptacles for a liquid or other substance, usually those of circular section and made of some durable material; especially containers of this nature in domestic use, employed in connection with the preparation or serving of food or drink, and usually of a size suitable for carrying by hand.
- Yi - Period and culture of the Korean dynasty that ruled the Korean peninsula from 1392 to 1910, founded by Yi Sŏng-gye, posthumously known as King T’aejo (reiged 1392-1398). It is characterized by the establishment of Neo-Confucianism as the official ideology, encouragement of a modest and practical lifestyle, and abandonment of patronage for more extravagant art.
- With lid Dimensions: 7 1/2 x 3 3/4 in. (19.05 x 9.525 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BBZZT" and [Object]Country of Creation is "North Korea or South Korea".View current selection of records as: