PendantLate 19th century - early 20th century
1 in. x 3/4 in. x 1/2 in. (2.54 cm x 1.91 cm x 1.27 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: TN.160.DUP2
Geography: Asia, Possibly China
Classification: Clothing and Adornments; Adornments
Culture/Nationality: Chinese (?)
Collection: Helen B. Chapin '15 Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- inscriptions - Words, texts, lettering, or symbols marked on a work, including texts, legends, documentation notes, or commemoration. For standardized symbols or notations on objects that convey official information, use "marks (symbols)."
- jades - Collectively, the class of sculptures, containers, and other objects and artifacts carved in jade, which is any of several varieties of fine-grained rock composed of jadeite, nephrite, serpentine, or other mineralogically related materials. Prominent examples of jades include carved jade objects produced in China from the Neolithic Period (ca. 3000–2000 BCE) onward. The Chinese have historically regarded carved-jade objects as intrinsically valuable, and they metaphorically equated jade with purity and indestructibility. In local the material term "jade (rock)" plus a more specific object name may be used, such as "jade (rock)" + "figurines."
- jewelry - Ornaments such as bracelets, necklaces, and rings, of precious or semiprecious materials worn or carried on the person for adornment; also includes similar articles worn or carried for devotional or mourning purposes.
- ornaments - Decorative forms or embellishments that are an integral part of a building or object but are not essential to its structure. Refers also to decorative objects attached to or worn by humans and animals. For objects signifying an honor bestowed upon an individual, usually worn on the person, see "decorations." Regarding techniques of embellishment in general, see "decoration (process)."
- pendants - Articles of jewelry designed to be suspended, such as from a necklace, brooch, or earrings. Examples include Renaissance pendants fastened to the sleeve and articles of devotional, magical, or mourning jewelry concealed under clothing.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- with hanger Dimensions: 1 x 3/4 x 1/2 in. (2.54 x 1.905 x 1.27 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BOTZF".View current selection of records as: