Cowry Shell Coins
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: TN.164.a-b
Other Number(s): 43.47 (Donor Number)
Classification: Exchange Media; Trade Media
Collection: Helen B. Chapin '15 Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- bronzes - Collectively, the class of sculptures, containers, or other objects executed in bronze, especially artifacts or works considered to be art. When possible, use the material term "bronze (metal)" plus a more specific object name, such as "bronze" + "figurines" or "bronze" + "bowl."
- coins - Pieces of metal stamped by government authority for use as money.
- Korean - Culture and style of peoples from the East Asian peninsula of Korea.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Freeze!: Material Cultures of Movement Bryn Mawr College , Mar 25, 2022 – Jun 3, 2022
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BVASV".View current selection of records as: