|Showing 1 of 1||
Claude Lorrain (akaClaudio Gelée or Claudio Guillee Lorenese)
French (1604 - 1682) Primary
Pastoral Landscape17th century
5 in. x 7 in. (12.7 cm x 17.78 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: X.363
Geography: Europe, France
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Etchings
This object has the following keywords:
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- cattle - A collective term referring to live animals, particularly bovine animals, held as property or reared to serve as meat, or sources of milk, skin, wool, etc.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- figures - Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- mills - Refers to buildings designed and fitted with machinery for the purpose of performing some task or making a product, including grinding of grain into flour or running a loom to make fabric. For the machinery itself, independent of the building, use "mills (equipment)."
- rivers - Bodies of water flowing in direct course or a series of divergents or converging channels.
- Plate Dimensions: 5 x 7 in. (12.7 x 17.78 cm)
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Claude Lorrain, Liber Veritatis
British Museum Publications, Ltd..
London, England, 1978
Figure Number: 20
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Pastoral Landscape".View current selection of records as: