|Showing 1 of 1||
Anthony van Zylvelt
Dutch (ca. 1640 - after 1695) Primary
Hermannus Witsius17th century
Engraving on laid paper
12 in. x 8 3/16 in. (30.5 cm x 20.8 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: X.1511
Geography: Europe, Netherlands
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Dutch - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the Netherlands, or in general to cultures that have occupied the same area in northwestern Europe along the North Sea. It is often used to distinguish the culture of the northern historic Netherlands from "Flemish," which is the culture of the southern Netherlands or Flanders. It may also be used to refer in general to the culture of Germanic or Teutonic peoples; however, this meaning is seldom found in modern texts.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- theologians - Specialists in the study or science of theology, or religious doctrines and practices, generally from the viewpoint of religious believers.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Hermannus Witsius".View current selection of records as: