Jacobus Gabriel Grillot
|Showing 1 of 1||
Jean Joseph Balechou
French (1719 - 1764) Primary
French (ca. 1692 - 1760) Painter
Jacobus Gabriel Grillot18th century
17 5/8 in. x 11 15/16 in. (44.7 cm x 30.4 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- theologians - Specialists in the study or science of theology, or religious doctrines and practices, generally from the viewpoint of religious believers.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Jacobus Gabriel Grillot".View current selection of records as: