Selling Cups and Vases
12.5 x 16.5 in. (31.75 x 41.91 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1991.9
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- crwths - Bowed or plucked box lyres of ancient Wales, surviving into the early 19th century.
- markets - Congregations of people at a stated time and place for the purpose of private buying and selling, usually not by auction. For exhibitions in which different exhibitors participate to publicize and promote their products, services, or activities, sometimes though not necessarily involving buying and selling, use "fairs."
- pottery - Generally, all ware made of ceramic, which is any of various hard, brittle, heat-resistant and corrosion-resistant materials made by shaping and then firing a nonmetallic mineral, such as clay, at a high temperature. In specialized usage, it typically does not include porcelain, which is a type of ceramic ware made of a refractory white clay, or "kaolin," and a feldspathic rock, that react when fired so the clay serves to hold the shape of the object and the rock fuses into a natural glass.
- soldiers - Generally refers to those belonging to an army, whether that of a sovereign state, a faction or division within a sovereign state, or of an individual leader. Specifically refers to military personnel of enlisted rank, as distinguished from commissioned officers. For those trained for or engaged in the physical combat of warfare and sanctioned in that function by the society or group for which they fight, irrespective of actual membership in an army, see "warriors."
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Sheet Dimensions: 12.5 x 16.5 in. (31.75 x 41.91 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BSWCT".View current selection of records as: