- Watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters.
- Structures spanning and providing passage over waterways, topographic depressions, transportation routes, or similar circulation barriers.
- General term for any works made to oppose a small number of troops against a greater.
- General term for places or areas occupied, modified, or planned to be inhabited by communities of human populations and that contain enough societal functions to be relatively self-sufficient. They are characterized by inhabitants living in neighboring sets of living quarters and by the place having a proper name or a locally recognized status.
- Strips of land bordering large bodies of water; an example is area of land between the lowest low-water spring tide and the highest point of storm waves.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 20 x 16 in. (50.8 x 40.64 cm)
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template: