A Group of People, One Man Being Held by Another, and One Man Holding a Torch
|Showing 1 of 1||
Dutch (active 1712 - 1784) Primary
A Group of People, One Man Being Held by Another, and One Man Holding a Torch18th century
1712 - 1784
5 1/16 in. x 3 1/4 in. (12.86 cm x 8.26 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Dutch - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the Netherlands, or in general to cultures that have occupied the same area in northwestern Europe along the North Sea. It is often used to distinguish the culture of the northern historic Netherlands from "Flemish," which is the culture of the southern Netherlands or Flanders. It may also be used to refer in general to the culture of Germanic or Teutonic peoples; however, this meaning is seldom found in modern texts.
- houses - Individual dwellings designed to be occupied by a single tenant or family. May also refer to a building for human occupation, for some purpose other than that of an ordinary dwelling; with this usage, "house" is generally prefaced (e.g., "cowhouse," "almshouse").
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- night - The period between sunset and sunrise, especially the hours of darkness.
- prints - Pictorial works produced by transferring images by means of a matrix such as a plate, block, or screen, using any of various printing processes. When emphasizing the individual printed image, use "impressions." Avoid the controversial expression "original prints," except in reference to discussions of the expression's use. If prints are neither "reproductive prints" nor "popular prints," use the simple term "prints." With regard to photographs, prefer "photographic prints"; for types of reproductions of technical drawings and documents, see terms found under "reprographic copies."
- torches - Lights consisting of an open flame emitted from a stick-like handle, usually carried by hand or mounted on a wall or pole. Torches originally consisted of a stick of resinous wood or bundles of fiber soaked with pitch, wax, resin, tallow or other flammable substance. In later usage, includes other sorts of lamps on poles that are designed to be carried like torches.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "A Group of People, One Man Being Held by Another, and One Man Holding a Torch".View current selection of records as: