- Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- Railed platforms projecting from the exterior walls of buildings. Use also for similar interior features, when small. For larger platforms which extend the length of one side of a room or are recessed behind an arcade, use "galleries (upper level spaces)."
- Denotes openings, which contain or could contain a door, that provide access into or out of building spaces.
- Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the Netherlands, or in general to cultures that have occupied the same area in northwestern Europe along the North Sea. It is often used to distinguish the culture of the northern historic Netherlands from "Flemish," which is the culture of the southern Netherlands or Flanders. It may also be used to refer in general to the culture of Germanic or Teutonic peoples; however, this meaning is seldom found in modern texts.
- Existing or situated within the limiting surface or boundary of something. An example is the portion of a building within the walls and under the roof, as opposed to those parts in contact with the outdoors.
- Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Pictorial works produced by transferring images by means of a matrix such as a plate, block, or screen, using any of various printing processes. When emphasizing the individual printed image, use "impressions." Avoid the controversial expression "original prints," except in reference to discussions of the expression's use. If prints are neither "reproductive prints" nor "popular prints," use the simple term "prints." With regard to photographs, prefer "photographic prints"; for types of reproductions of technical drawings and documents, see terms found under "reprographic copies."
- Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
Click an image to view a larger version
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/167168 |title=A Woman Pleading With a Man, Kneeling in Front of Him and Holding his Legs |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=10/25/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 1 of 1
Your current search criteria is: Object is "A Woman Pleading With a Man, Kneeling in Front of Him and Holding his Legs".