Interior of a Bedroom With a Man Storming in From the Right
|Showing 1 of 1||
Dutch (active 1712 - 1784) Primary
Interior of a Bedroom With a Man Storming in From the Right18th century
1712 - 1784
5 1/16 in. x 3 1/4 in. (12.86 cm x 8.26 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- bedrooms - Rooms designed for or used to contain a bed or beds for sleeping.
- beds - Generally, the sleeping places of humans and animals. Specifically, permanent pieces of furniture comprised of a bedstead, which is the wooden or metal support, and the bedding, including the mattress and cover.
- desks - Various forms of furniture for readers or writers, generally having a flat writing surface and often drawers and other compartments.
- Dutch - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the Netherlands, or in general to cultures that have occupied the same area in northwestern Europe along the North Sea. It is often used to distinguish the culture of the northern historic Netherlands from "Flemish," which is the culture of the southern Netherlands or Flanders. It may also be used to refer in general to the culture of Germanic or Teutonic peoples; however, this meaning is seldom found in modern texts.
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- prints - Pictorial works produced by transferring images by means of a matrix such as a plate, block, or screen, using any of various printing processes. When emphasizing the individual printed image, use "impressions." Avoid the controversial expression "original prints," except in reference to discussions of the expression's use. If prints are neither "reproductive prints" nor "popular prints," use the simple term "prints." With regard to photographs, prefer "photographic prints"; for types of reproductions of technical drawings and documents, see terms found under "reprographic copies."
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- writing desks - Boxlike nests of drawers enclosed in the front by a flap that drops down to form a writing surface. For flat-top desks on long legs, generally taking the form of a table with one long drawer in the apron, use "writing tables."
- Plate Dimensions: 5 1/16 x 3 1/4 in. (12.859 x 8.255 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Interior of a Bedroom With a Man Storming in From the Right".View current selection of records as: