Two Women and Two Men in an Outdoor Garden
|Showing 1 of 1||
Dutch (active 1712 - 1784) Primary
Two Women and Two Men in an Outdoor Garden18th century
1712 - 1784
5 1/16 in. x 3 1/4 in. (12.86 cm x 8.26 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Dutch - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the Netherlands, or in general to cultures that have occupied the same area in northwestern Europe along the North Sea. It is often used to distinguish the culture of the northern historic Netherlands from "Flemish," which is the culture of the southern Netherlands or Flanders. It may also be used to refer in general to the culture of Germanic or Teutonic peoples; however, this meaning is seldom found in modern texts.
- landscapes - Creative works, usually two-dimensional, depicting an outdoor scene dominated by the land, hills, fields, sky, trees, fields, rivers or other bodies of water, and other natural elements. Landscapes may include a near point of view in the foreground, but also usually depict a view into the distance. Landscapes may contain architecture or figures, but the primary focus remains the land. When an ocean, sea, or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For actual areas of land rather than depictions, use "landscapes (environments)."
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- prints - Pictorial works produced by transferring images by means of a matrix such as a plate, block, or screen, using any of various printing processes. When emphasizing the individual printed image, use "impressions." Avoid the controversial expression "original prints," except in reference to discussions of the expression's use. If prints are neither "reproductive prints" nor "popular prints," use the simple term "prints." With regard to photographs, prefer "photographic prints"; for types of reproductions of technical drawings and documents, see terms found under "reprographic copies."
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Plate Dimensions: 5 1/16 x 3 1/4 in. (12.859 x 8.255 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Two Women and Two Men in an Outdoor Garden".View current selection of records as: