|Showing 1 of 1||
American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
The BarnraisingBefore 1931
1 in. x 4 3/8 in. x 5 3/4 in. (2.54 cm x 11.11 cm x 14.61 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1983.1.220
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Tools and Equipment; Arts and Crafts Tools
Collection: Allen Lewis Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- barns - Agricultural buildings with large, usually sliding doors, prominent roofs, and predominantly open spaces on the interior, primarily used as storage buildings for hay, grains, and farm equipment and shelters for livestock; does not include those structures, often termed barns, used for the processing of food and other agricultural produce, such as hop barns and tobacco barns.
- lifting - The process of elevating or hoisting something into the air or a higher position from the ground or a lower position.
- wood blocks - Blocks of wood on which designs, words, or other images are cut to print, usually as relief images, whether on paper, fabric, or other material.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- A Curious Group; a cabinet of curiosities Bryn Mawr College , Apr 4, 2014 – Jun 30, 2014
- Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Mar 14, 1988 – Mar 30, 1988
Bibliography ListThe following Bibliography exist for this object:
and Nathanael Roesch.
A Curious Group.
Bryn Mawr College.
Bryn Mawr, PA, April 4–June 1, 2014
Figure Number: Wood 26
Your current search criteria is: Object is "The Barnraising".View current selection of records as: