American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
Three Sheep Grazingca. 1923
4 7/8 in. x 6 1/2 in. (12.38 cm x 16.51 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1983.1.168.d
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints
Collection: Allen Lewis Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- hills - Elevation of earth's surface, smaller than a mountain.
- pastures - Land covered with grass or similar plants and used for grazing livestock.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Sheet Dimensions: 4 7/8 x 6 1/2 in. (12.383 x 16.51 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BIQWX".View current selection of records as: