American (Mobile, Alabama, 04/07/1873 - 03/20/1957, Basking Ridge, New Jersey) Primary
3 in. x 4 3/4 in. (7.62 cm x 12.07 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1983.1.173.b
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Woodcuts
Collection: Allen Lewis Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- hands - Parts of a human's or an animal's body, usually having fingers, located below the wrist joint of the arms, characterized by being routinely used for purposes other than support and locomotion. For the truncating components of legs, use "feet (animal components)," "paws (animal components)," "hooves (animal components)," or another appropriate term.
- knives - Cutting instruments consisting of a blade with a sharpened longitudinal edge fixed in a handle, either rigidly as in a table-, carving, or sheath-knife, or with a joint as in a pocket- or clasp-knife. Knives may be used to cut food, especially in serving and eating, as weapons, and for other purposes. The blade may be of steel or another metal or stone, as in the flint knives of early man, or of another material such as ivory or wood (as with a paperknife). The term also refers to tools that are shaped or used as knives, even if the edge is not particularly sharp or actually used for cutting.
- trimming - Cutting excess or irregular material, thereby reducing the size of an object. In the context of bookbinding, refers to the removal of a small amount of excess material from the edges of a book, either to remove the bolts and produce cut edges, or simply to make the page edges roughly even. For cutting or scraping away layers from the surface of something, use "shaving."
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Exhibition ListThis object was included in the following exhibitions:
- Temperamental! Prints in the Collection of Bryn Mawr College Bryn Mawr College , Mar 20, 2019 – Jun 2, 2019
- Sheet Dimensions: 3 x 4 3/4 in. (7.62 x 12.065 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BPWKM" and [Object]Display Artist is "Allen Lewis".View current selection of records as: