On the Test (near Romsey)
|Showing 1 of 1||
Seymour Haden (akaFrancis Seymour-Haden)
British (1818 - 1910) Primary
On the Test (near Romsey)1859
6 in. x 8 3/4 in. (15.24 cm x 22.23 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- drypoints - Prints made using the drypoint process, whereby a sharp needle scratches the plate creating a burr.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- seascapes and water scenes
- Prints of Whistler and Haden from the Bryn Mawr College Collections Bryn Mawr College , Mar 14, 1988 – Mar 30, 1988
- Plate Dimensions: 6 x 8 3/4 in. (15.24 x 22.225 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "On the Test (near Romsey)".View current selection of records as: