The Old Woman and Her Cats
|Showing 1 of 1||
British (Nottinghamshire, ca. 1765 - 1822, London) Primary
British (1774 - ca. 1838) Publisher
The Old Woman and Her CatsLate 18th century - early 19th century
6 1/2 in. x 8 1/2 in. (16.51 cm x 21.59 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: JNE.619
Geography: Europe, Great Britain
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Etchings
Collection: John N. Estabrook Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- fireplaces - Openings or recesses in chimneys or walls in which fires may be built, as for heating or cooking; may also refer to low fireproof structures erected outdoors for cooking over open flames.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Plate Dimensions: 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 in. (16.51 x 21.59 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "The Old Woman and Her Cats".View current selection of records as: