- Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- Movable bridges in which one or more span sections can be pivoted upward by means of chains, cables, or other ropelike devices; if the sections are pivoted by counterweights, use "bascule bridges."
- Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- Those who kill animals as a main occupation for sustenance, livlihood, or sport, to obtain food, material, or trophies.
- Castles surrounded or partially surrounded by a moat, which is a wide defensive ditch.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 3 3/4 x 6 5/8 in. (9.525 x 16.828 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: