The Risen Christ with St. Andrew and St. Longinus
|Showing 1 of 1||
Giovanni Antonio de Brescia
Italian (ca. 1460 - ca. 1520) Primary
Italian (ca. 1431 - 1506) Painter
The Risen Christ with St. Andrew and St. LonginusLate 15th century - early 16th century
Engraving on laid paper
15 3/16 in. x 12 1/16 in. (38.58 cm x 30.64 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: X.999
Geography: Europe, Italy
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
This object has the following keywords:
- Christianity - Refers to the world religion and culture that developed in the first century CE, driven by the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Its roots are in the Judaic tradition and the Old Testament. The tenets include a belief in the death and redemptive resurrection of Jesus. The religion incorporates a tradition of faith, ritual, and a form of church authority or leadership.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Italian - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- religion and mythology
- saints - People recognized by others as holy persons; in various religions, the dead who are believed to be in Heaven. In the Roman and Eastern Catholic churches, people who are formally recognized by the Church as having had exceptional holiness of life and therefore an exalted station in heaven, and who have often been formally canonized.
- Sheet Dimensions: 15 3/16 x 12 1/16 in. (38.576 x 30.639 cm)
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
The Illustrated Bartsch
New York, NY, 1978
Page Number: 34, Figure Number: 6-A (231)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "The Risen Christ with St. Andrew and St. Longinus".View current selection of records as: