- Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- Buildings or groups of buildings intended primarily to serve as a fortified residence of a prince or nobleman.
- Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Persons who guard, tend and herd flocks of sheep grazing at large.
- Strips of land bordering large bodies of water; an example is area of land between the lowest low-water spring tide and the highest point of storm waves.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 6 7/8 x 9 3/16 in. (17.5 x 23.4 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios: