Charles William Taylor
(1878 - 1960) Primary
Leigh EssexEarly 20th century to mid 20th century
7 1/4 in. x 5 1/2 in. (18.42 cm x 13.97 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1962.92
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Woodcuts
Collection: Harrington-Bishop Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- docks - In modern casual, common usage, any structures along a body of water intended to support people or their activities, such as boarding a boat or unloading cargo. Examples include piers and wharves. Distinguished from "docks (waterfront spaces)," which are spaces where ships dock.
- marines - Creative works that depict scenes having to do with ships, shipbuilding, or harbors. For creative works depicting the ocean or other large body of water where the water itself dominates the scene, use "seascapes."
- ships - Watercraft generally larger and more seaworthy than boats, usually propelled by sails or engines.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Image Dimensions: 7 1/4 x 5 1/2 in. (18.415 x 13.97 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BJZQA" and [Object]Century is "20th century".View current selection of records as: