Portrait of Rockefeller
|Showing 1 of 1||
American (1852 - 1931) Primary
John Singer Sargent
American (1856 - 1925) Primary
Portrait of Rockefeller1921
13 in. x 10 1/8 in. (33.02 cm x 25.72 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 1962.373
Geography: North and Central America, United States
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Harrington-Bishop Collection
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- sitting - The act of placing oneself upon an object or the ground so that the weight of the body is on the posterior. Term may modify a representation of a figure in a seated posture.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Sheet Dimensions: 13 x 10 1/8 in. (33.02 x 25.718 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Portrait of Rockefeller".View current selection of records as: