- Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- The act of placing oneself upon an object or the ground so that the weight of the body is on the posterior. Term may modify a representation of a figure in a seated posture.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 13 x 10 1/8 in. (33.02 x 25.718 cm)
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template: