Rock Quarry on the Wye
|Showing 1 of 1||
British (1804 - 1867) Primary
Rock Quarry on the WyeEarly 19th century to mid 19th century
6 1/8 in. x 8 1/8 in. (15.56 cm x 20.64 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- hills - Elevation of earth's surface, smaller than a mountain.
- landscapes - Creative works, usually two-dimensional, depicting an outdoor scene dominated by the land, hills, fields, sky, trees, fields, rivers or other bodies of water, and other natural elements. Landscapes may include a near point of view in the foreground, but also usually depict a view into the distance. Landscapes may contain architecture or figures, but the primary focus remains the land. When an ocean, sea, or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For actual areas of land rather than depictions, use "landscapes (environments)."
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- plates - Illustrations that are printed separately from the text they accompany, often on different paper; may be bound in with the text, tipped in, loose in a pocket, or bound in a separate volume.
- printing - Various means of reproducing identical copies of graphic matter in a fixed form. Processes by which an image, pictorial or textual, is transferred, usually to paper or cloth, most often by means of a plate, block, stone, or screen. Use also for the making of photographic prints and, with computers, for the production of a paper copy of stored data. For the production of prints in a fine arts context, prefer "printmaking."
- quarries - Open-air excavations from which stone for building or other purposes is or has been obtained by cutting or blasting.
- riverbanks - The land margins of rivers.
- rivers - Bodies of water flowing in direct course or a series of divergents or converging channels.
- Sheet Dimensions: 6 1/8 x 8 1/8 in. (15.558 x 20.638 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Rock Quarry on the Wye".View current selection of records as: