Ascent of Mt. Blanc, Leaving the Grands Mulets, #2
|Showing 1 of 1||
British (1804 - 1867) Primary
Ascent of Mt. Blanc, Leaving the Grands Mulets, #2Early 19th century to mid 19th century
7 1/4 in. x 10 in. (18.42 cm x 25.4 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- mountains - Prominent landforms rising considerably above the surrounding area, typically having steep slopes, a sharp summit area, and large mass. Mountains rarely occur individually, and in most cases, are found in ranges, chains, or systems.
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- plates - Illustrations that are printed separately from the text they accompany, often on different paper; may be bound in with the text, tipped in, loose in a pocket, or bound in a separate volume.
- printing - Various means of reproducing identical copies of graphic matter in a fixed form. Processes by which an image, pictorial or textual, is transferred, usually to paper or cloth, most often by means of a plate, block, stone, or screen. Use also for the making of photographic prints and, with computers, for the production of a paper copy of stored data. For the production of prints in a fine arts context, prefer "printmaking."
- Sheet Dimensions: 7 1/4 x 10 in. (18.415 x 25.4 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Ascent of Mt. Blanc, Leaving the Grands Mulets, #2".View current selection of records as: