18th Century Couple
|Showing 1 of 1||
British (1804 - 1867) Primary
18th Century CoupleEarly 19th century to mid 19th century
8 5/8 in. x 7 1/8 in. (21.91 cm x 18.1 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- gardens - Area of ground or open space; usually, but not always, where flowers, shrubs, trees, vegetables, or fruits are grown and cultivated.
- lovers - People who are in love or who have sexual intercourse.
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- paving - Laying or covering with stone, brick, asphalt, concrete, or other material, making a firm, level, or convenient surface for travel.
- plates - Illustrations that are printed separately from the text they accompany, often on different paper; may be bound in with the text, tipped in, loose in a pocket, or bound in a separate volume.
- printing - Various means of reproducing identical copies of graphic matter in a fixed form. Processes by which an image, pictorial or textual, is transferred, usually to paper or cloth, most often by means of a plate, block, stone, or screen. Use also for the making of photographic prints and, with computers, for the production of a paper copy of stored data. For the production of prints in a fine arts context, prefer "printmaking."
- Sheet Dimensions: 8 5/8 x 7 1/8 in. (21.908 x 18.098 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "18th Century Couple".View current selection of records as: