Gems of the Crystal Palace #1, Exterior
|Showing 1 of 1||
British (1804 - 1867) Primary
Gems of the Crystal Palace #1, ExteriorEarly 19th century to mid 19th century
11 3/8 in. x 17 7/8 in. (28.89 cm x 45.4 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- exhibition buildings - Buildings built or used exclusively or primarily for exhibitions, which are organized displays of works of art or other objects of human making. Exhibition buildings may be permanent facilities or temporary structures, as at a world's fair.
- exterior - Connected with or situated at the outside or outer part of something. An example is the parts of buildings in contact with the outdoors, as opposed to the parts within the walls and under the roof.
- oil paint - A paint made by grinding pigments with a drying oil such as linseed oil. After 1940 alkyd binders were often added to oil paint to provide faster drying times.
- palaces - Official residences, frequently large and impressively appointed, of sovereigns or other high dignitaries; for other large stately dwellings but not official residences, use "mansions."
- plates - Illustrations that are printed separately from the text they accompany, often on different paper; may be bound in with the text, tipped in, loose in a pocket, or bound in a separate volume.
- printing - Various means of reproducing identical copies of graphic matter in a fixed form. Processes by which an image, pictorial or textual, is transferred, usually to paper or cloth, most often by means of a plate, block, stone, or screen. Use also for the making of photographic prints and, with computers, for the production of a paper copy of stored data. For the production of prints in a fine arts context, prefer "printmaking."
- Sheet Dimensions: 11 3/8 x 17 7/8 in. (28.893 x 45.403 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Gems of the Crystal Palace #1, Exterior".View current selection of records as: