Ernest David Roth
American (1879 - 1964) Primary
4 7/8 in. x 3 7/8 in. (12.38 cm x 9.84 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- greeting cards - Cards often imprinted with messages and suitable illustrations, sent or given on special occasions or holidays.
- windmills - Buildings or devices with sails or vanes that turn in the wind and generate power. The devices operate by means of a rotating shaft on which sails are mounted or placed at an angle so that the force of wind against them causes rotation, which in turn produced energy. Windmills were historically used chiefly in flat districts for operating a mill to grind grain or pump water; the older and most characteristic European form consists of a conical mill-house with a dome or cap supporting four sails. Modern devices tap the wind to produce electricity by using a disk of sails mounted on a framework.
- Plate Dimensions: 4 7/8 x 3 7/8 in. (12.383 x 9.843 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BJOZM" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "American".View current selection of records as: