American (1871 - 1951) Primary
8 7/8 in. x 7 1/2 in. (22.54 cm x 19.05 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- etchings - Prints made from an etched printing plate, which is a metal plate on which a design is made by coating the plate with an acid-resistant substance, creating a design in the coating, and then exposing the plate to acid, which etches the plate where the metal is exposed. For designs incised directly into a copper plate using a burin or graver, use "engravings (prints)."
- fans - Hand-held implements used to produce a current of air or that serve as purely decorative accessories; may be rigid or collapsible.
- ill - Those who are afflicted with illness or disease.
- patients - People awaiting or under medical care and treatment.
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Illuminating John Sloan Bryn Mawr College , Apr 30, 2015 – Jun 1, 2015
- Plate Dimensions: 8 7/8 x 7 1/2 in. (22.543 x 19.05 cm)
Owner Name: Bryn Mawr College
Acquisition Method: Donation
Ownership Start Date: 10/18/84
Owner Name: Richard E. Bishop
Disposal Method: Donated
Ownership End Date: 10/18/84
The following Catalogue Raisonné exist for this object:
- Peter Morse, John Sloan's Prints (New Haven and London: Yale University Press, 1969), 150-152. Figure Number: 139
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BOMVE" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Prints".View current selection of records as: