|Showing 1 of 1||
British (1773 - 1854) Primary
HastingsLate 18th century - mid-19th century
6 7/8 in. x 10 3/8 in. (17.46 cm x 26.35 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- British - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of the United Kingdom. It also refers to the cultures of historical nations that had Great Britain as the central ruling power. For the culture of the ancient Britons, who were those tribes that spoke the Celtic (Brythonic) language, use "Ancient British."
- churches - Buildings for public Christian worship that are distinguished historically from chapels and oratories, which are buildings that are in some respect private, or not public in the widest sense. Church architecture generally somewhat follows standard models, which vary depending upon the date, location, and characteristics of the congregation.
- cottages - A small house, usually of only one story.
- pen and wash drawings - Drawings made using a pen and ink, then altered or embellished with transparent washes of ink or watercolor, for example, to create an atmospheric effect. Usage may overlap with "ink wash paintings," which may appear similar but typically use brush only, not pen.
- roads - General term referring to all long outdoor passages used by and generally created by humans, intended to allow people to pass between different places, usually one wide enough to admit of the passage of wheeled vehicles, horses, or travellers on foot.
- trees - Woody, perennial plants usually with a single, long, self-supporting stem or trunk, and which grow to a considerable height.
- villages - Distinctions among villages, towns, and cities are relative and vary according to their individual regional contexts. Villages generally designate units of compact settlement, varying in size but usually larger than hamlets and smaller than towns and distinguished from the surrounding rural territory.
- British Watercolors and Drawings from the John N. Estabrook Collection Bryn Mawr College , Nov 30, 1990 – Dec 14, 1990
- Image Dimensions: 6 7/8 x 10 3/8 in. (17.463 x 26.353 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Hastings".View current selection of records as: