Dissegno della Colonna Traiana
|Showing 1 of 1||
Marcus Christoph Sadeler
Flemish (1614 - after 1650) Primary
Dissegno della Colonna Traianaca. 1630 - after 1650
6.25 x 10 3/4 in. (15.875 x 27.3 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- cityscapes - Refers to creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities, which are large or important communities with population, status, and internal complexity greater than most towns in the region. For creative works depicting towns, use "townscapes (representations)."
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Flemish - Refers to the culture of the southern Netherlands, roughly corresponding to modern Belgium, Luxembourg, and part of France, particularly during the historical period when Flanders was an independent principality.
- memorial columns - Refers to freestanding structures having approximately the form of columns, with capital, shaft, and base, but without a full superstructure and erected as memorials.
- Plate Dimensions: 6.25 x 10 3/4 in. (15.875 x 27.3 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Dissegno della Colonna Traiana".View current selection of records as: