- Refers to horse-drawn wheeled vehicles designed primarily to convey people in some comfort.
- Buildings for public Christian worship that are distinguished historically from chapels and oratories, which are buildings that are in some respect private, or not public in the widest sense. Church architecture generally somewhat follows standard models, which vary depending upon the date, location, and characteristics of the congregation.
- Refers to creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities, which are large or important communities with population, status, and internal complexity greater than most towns in the region. For creative works depicting towns, use "townscapes (representations)."
- Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Representations of humans, animals, or mythical beasts, in any medium.
- Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Italy, or in general to cultures that have occupied the boot-shaped Italian peninsula in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Built complexes for religious retirement or seclusion from the world for monks, who are people living a celibate life according to the rule of a particular religious order and adhering to vows, especially of poverty, chastity, and obedience.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 8.25 x 12.75 in. (20.955 x 32.385 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/173012 |title=Chiesa e Monastero di S. Maria Annunziata, delle suore Domenicane Neofite |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=1/25/2022 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 1 of 1
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Chiesa e Monastero di S. Maria Annunziata, delle suore Domenicane Neofite".