Vestigii del Circo Massimo
|Showing 1 of 1||
Marcus Christoph Sadeler
Flemish (1614 - after 1650) Primary
Vestigii del Circo Massimoca. 1630 - after 1650
6 5/16 in. x 10 5/8 in. (16 cm x 27 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Flemish - Refers to the culture of the southern Netherlands, roughly corresponding to modern Belgium, Luxembourg, and part of France, particularly during the historical period when Flanders was an independent principality.
- ruins - The remains of buildings or groups of buildings that have been destroyed or are in a state of great disrepair or decay.
- stadiums - Large usually unroofed buildings with tiers of seats for spectators built in various shapes and enclosing a field used for sports events.
- Plate Dimensions: 6 5/16 x 10 5/8 in. (16 x 27 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Vestigii del Circo Massimo".View current selection of records as: