Vestigii d'una parte del monte Aventino che guarda verso Ponente
|Showing 1 of 1||
Marcus Christoph Sadeler
Flemish (1614 - after 1650) Primary
Vestigii d'una parte del monte Aventino che guarda verso Ponenteca. 1630 - after 1650
6 5/16 in. x 10 5/8 in. (16 cm x 27 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.17.60
Geography: Europe, Belgium
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Collection: Lucy Shoe Meritt Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- boats - Watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters.
- churches - Buildings for public Christian worship that are distinguished historically from chapels and oratories, which are buildings that are in some respect private, or not public in the widest sense. Church architecture generally somewhat follows standard models, which vary depending upon the date, location, and characteristics of the congregation.
- cityscapes - Refers to creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities, which are large or important communities with population, status, and internal complexity greater than most towns in the region. For creative works depicting towns, use "townscapes (representations)."
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Flemish - Refers to the culture of the southern Netherlands, roughly corresponding to modern Belgium, Luxembourg, and part of France, particularly during the historical period when Flanders was an independent principality.
- rivers - Bodies of water flowing in direct course or a series of divergents or converging channels.
- Plate Dimensions: 6 5/16 x 10 5/8 in. (16 x 27 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Vestigii d'una parte del monte Aventino che guarda verso Ponente".View current selection of records as: