- Watercraft generally smaller and less seaworthy than ships and generally not designed to cross large open waters.
- Buildings for public Christian worship that are distinguished historically from chapels and oratories, which are buildings that are in some respect private, or not public in the widest sense. Church architecture generally somewhat follows standard models, which vary depending upon the date, location, and characteristics of the congregation.
- Refers to creative works that depict settlements that may be considered cities, which are large or important communities with population, status, and internal complexity greater than most towns in the region. For creative works depicting towns, use "townscapes (representations)."
- Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- Refers to the culture of the southern Netherlands, roughly corresponding to modern Belgium, Luxembourg, and part of France, particularly during the historical period when Flanders was an independent principality.
- Bodies of water flowing in direct course or a series of divergents or converging channels.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 6 5/16 x 10 5/8 in. (16 x 27 cm)
Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolio
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template:
<ref name=BMC>cite web |url=http://triarte.brynmawr.edu/objects-1/info/173047 |title=Vestigii d'una parte del monte Aventino che guarda verso Ponente |author=Bryn Mawr College Library Special Collections |accessdate=12/8/2021 |publisher=Bryn Mawr College</ref>
Showing 8 of 15
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Old Master Era and Related Prints" and [Object]Country of Creation is "Belgium" and [Object]Century is "17th century".