Edith H. Lowber
American (1878 - 1934) Primary
The Cloister, Casta de Hidalgos1919 - 1920
5 1/8 in. x 9 in. (13.02 cm x 22.86 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- arches - Structural elements, typically curved, spanning openings and transmitting vertical loads to either side of the opening; also, structural elements or freestanding structures that resemble arches or act structurally like arches.
- cloisters - Enclosed spaces composed of a garth and surrounding walkways, which are generally arcaded on the courtyard side and walled on the other; usually found in Christian religious building complexes. Use for such features in secular buildings only when closely resembling the prototype.
- colonnades - Rows of columns supporting an entablature and often one side of a roof. Includes spaces behind such a feature when they are long and used for circulation.
- coupled columns - Groups of two columns set closer together than others in a line, or otherwise forming a visual unit; for columns with interpenetrating shafts, use "doubled columns."
- Spanish - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Spain, or in general to the cultures that developed on the Iberian Peninsula in southwestern Europe.
- Image Dimensions: 5 1/8 x 9 in. (13.018 x 22.86 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BLGLC".View current selection of records as: