Threshing in Leon
|Showing 1 of 1||
Edith H. Lowber
American (1878 - 1934) Primary
Threshing in Leon1919 - 1920
Gelatin silver print
6 1/2 in. x 10 in. (16.51 cm x 25.4 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.23.98
Geography: Europe, Spain, Castilla y Leon, Leon
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Photographs; Gelatin Silver Prints
Collection: M. Carey Thomas Collection
This object has the following keywords:
agricultural land*, American*, Animalia*, cattle*, farmers*, gelatin silver prints*, oxen*, Spanish*
- agricultural land - Land suitable for agricultural production, both crops and livestock, including planted and harvested crops such as field crops, greenhouse crops, fruit and berry plantations, nurseries, orchards, vegetable gardens, fallow land, meadows, and natural pastures.
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- Animalia - Kingdom containing multicellular organisms having cells bound by a plasma membrane and organized into tissue and specialized tissue systems that permit them to either move about in search of food or to draw food toward themselves. Unable to make their own food within themselves, as photosynthetic plants do, they rely on consuming preformed food. They possess a nervous system with sensory and motor nerves, enabling them to receive environmental stimuli and to respond with specialized movements.
- cattle - A collective term referring to live animals, particularly bovine animals, held as property or reared to serve as meat, or sources of milk, skin, wool, etc.
- farmers - Those who cultivate land or crops or raise livestock as their main occupation, whether for livlihood or for sustenance.
- gelatin silver prints - Refers to photographic prints having gelatin as the binder, holding silver as the final image material; always black-and-white, though they may be toned to a monochrome hue.
- oxen - Castrated adult male cattle, typically used as draft animals.
- Spanish - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Spain, or in general to the cultures that developed on the Iberian Peninsula in southwestern Europe.
- Image Dimensions: 6 1/2 x 10 in. (16.51 x 25.4 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Threshing in Leon".View current selection of records as: