- Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- Chief dwellings attached to farms, particularly a dwelling for the family of a family-owned and -operated farm. Modern farmhouses characteristically comprise two stories with spacious, if modest, rooms and furnishings. Earlier farmhouses were characteristically one-story.
gelatin silver prints
- Refers to photographic prints having gelatin as the binder, holding silver as the final image material; always black-and-white, though they may be toned to a monochrome hue.
- Creative works, usually two-dimensional, depicting an outdoor scene dominated by the land, hills, fields, sky, trees, fields, rivers or other bodies of water, and other natural elements. Landscapes may include a near point of view in the foreground, but also usually depict a view into the distance. Landscapes may contain architecture or figures, but the primary focus remains the land. When an ocean, sea, or other large body of water dominates the picture, use "seascapes." For actual areas of land rather than depictions, use "landscapes (environments)."
- Prominent landforms rising considerably above the surrounding area, typically having steep slopes, a sharp summit area, and large mass. Mountains rarely occur individually, and in most cases, are found in ranges, chains, or systems.
- Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Switzerland, or in general to cultures that have occupied the Alpine region of northwestern Europe, north of Italy and west of Austria.
Click an image to view a larger version
Dimensions: 7 1/8 x 11 7/8 in. (180.975 x 301.625 mm)
If you would like to cite this object in a Wikipedia article please use the following template: