View of an Entryway
|Showing 1 of 1||
Edith H. Lowber
American (1878 - 1934) Primary
View of an Entryway1919 - 1920
Gelatin silver print
6 1/2 in. x 4 5/8 in. (16.51 cm x 11.75 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.23.115
Geography: Europe, Spain
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Photographs; Gelatin Silver Prints
Collection: M. Carey Thomas Collection
This object has the following keywords:
American*, buildings*, doors*, entrances*, gelatin silver prints*, Spanish*, steps*, towers*, windows*
- American - Refers to the context of or associated specifically with the modern political entity of the United States of America.
- buildings - Structures, generally enclosed, that are used or intended to be used for sheltering an activity or occupancy.
- doors - Barriers that swing, slide, tilt, or fold to close a doorway, usually of solid and finished construction and usually leading to or separating interior spaces. Use also for similar features that close a container or a piece of case furniture. For barriers of less solid or finished construction, and usually separating two exterior spaces, use "gates."
- entrances - Refers to points or places of entering.
- gelatin silver prints - Refers to photographic prints having gelatin as the binder, holding silver as the final image material; always black-and-white, though they may be toned to a monochrome hue.
- Spanish - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of Spain, or in general to the cultures that developed on the Iberian Peninsula in southwestern Europe.
- steps - Stair units that consist of one tread and one riser, or any similar element providing a horizontal surface on which to support the foot of a person descending or ascending.
- towers - Detached or isolated buildings or other structures high in proportion to their lateral dimensions. For parts of buildings with walls rising with vertical proportions considerably above the rest, use "towers (building divisions)." For modern high-rise buildings with a towerlike main mass rising from a larger low base, use "tower buildings."
- windows - Openings in the wall of a building, serving to admit light, usually to permit vision, and often to admit air.
- Image Dimensions: 6 1/2 x 4 5/8 in. (16.51 x 11.748 cm)
Your current search criteria is: Object is "View of an Entryway".View current selection of records as: