|Showing 1 of 1||
French (ca. 1561 - ca. 1630-1641) Primary
Louis IXLate 16th century - early 17th century
7 1/4 in. x 4 3/4 in. (18.4 cm x 12.1 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.24.13
Geography: Europe, France
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Engravings
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- engravings - Prints on paper incorporating impressions of a reverse design created on a printing plate, usually copper, into which the design has been incised (engraved) using burins or gravers. Historically, "engravings" has sometimes been incorrectly used to refer to all prints, regardless of the specific technique. For prints made from designs engraved on a flat wooden block, use "wood cuts"; for prints made from a plate that is etched rather than engraved, use "etchings."
- French - Refers to the culture of the modern nation of France, or in general to cultures that have occupied the area of the modern nation in western Europe.
- kings - Monarchs who reign over a kingdom, which is a major territorial unit or government ruled by a single person. The term may also refer to rulers of smaller entities and may include tribal rulers or rulers of petty states who are by tradition called "king." If kings rule over a territory that is contained within an empire, kings are typically subordinate to the emperor. Kings are always male; female rulers of kingdoms are called "queens."
- men - Refers to male human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
- Plate Dimensions: 7 1/4 x 4 3/4 in. (18.4 x 12.1 cm)
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Louis IX".View current selection of records as: