Mme la Duchesse de Richemont
|Showing 1 of 1||
Jan van der Bruggen
Flemish (ca. 1648 - 1714) Primary
Anthony van Dyck
British (1599 - 1641) Primary
Mme la Duchesse de Richemont1682
12 in. x 8 9/16 in. (30.5 cm x 21.8 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- duchesses - European noblewomen holding a duchy, or who are the wives or widows of dukes, ranking highest in the peerage.
- Flemish - Refers to the culture of the southern Netherlands, roughly corresponding to modern Belgium, Luxembourg, and part of France, particularly during the historical period when Flanders was an independent principality.
- mezzotints - Prints made using the mezzotint process, in which the surface of the plate is methodically roughened with a rocker to produce a dark background; areas may then be lightened using various scrapers.
- portraits - Representations of real individuals that are intended to capture a known or supposed likeness, usually including the face of the person. For representations intended to be anonymous, or of fictional or mythological characters, see "figures (representations)."
- women - Refers to female human beings from young adulthood through old age.
- Sheet Dimensions: 12 x 8 9/16 in. (30.5 x 21.8 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Mme la Duchesse de Richemont".View current selection of records as: