Light Clay Miniature Lug Ware Pottery Sherd
|Showing 1 of 1||
Light Clay Miniature Lug Ware Pottery SherdEarly Bronze Age II
2700 BCE - 2400 BCE
2 3/16 x 2 1/4 x 1 5/8 in. (5.6 x 5.7 x 4.1 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.14.367
Other Number(s): A 1163 (Site No.)
Geography: Asia, Turkey, Tarsus
Classification: Unclassifiable Artifacts; Artifact Remnants; Sherds
Culture/Nationality: Prehistoric Anatolian
Collection: Tarsus Excavation
Findspot: Find Spot: Gözlükule, Tarsus, Turkey / TAL, E. of Room 84, W. of Room 85, Ash to 11.92 S. 12.18 N.; Date: October 20, 1938; Meters: 11.92 - 12.18
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Anatolian - Refers to the culture and styles that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Turkey.
- Early Bronze Age - Refers to the earliest phase of Bronze Age cultures, which developed differently in different regions, either from Chalcolithic or Neolithic technologies. It differs from the Middle and Late Bronze Age cultures primarily in metal assemblages and burial rites. It is characterized in part by the earliest experimentation with copper alloys to produce bronze, as well as the improvement of stone tools, and various other local cultural developments. Some scholars classify the Chalcolithic as the earliest phase of the Bronze Age.
- miniature - Use to describe objects and beings of a reduced size or scale compared to the average or normal range for its kind.
- sherds - Limited to fragments of pottery or glass.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Bibliography ListThe following Bibliography exist for this object:
- Hetty Goldman, "Excavations at Gozlu Kule, Tarsus: Volume II, Plates," (1956): Figure Number: Group 247, Figure 190.
- Hetty Goldman, "Excavations at Gozlu Kule, Tarsus: Volume II, Text," (1956): 116.
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Light Clay Miniature Lug Ware Pottery Sherd".View current selection of records as: