Light Clay Corrugated Ware Pottery Rim Sherd
|Showing 1 of 1||
Light Clay Corrugated Ware Pottery Rim SherdEarly Bronze Age II
2700 BCE - 2400 BCE
1 5/16 in. x 2 13/16 in. x 1/8 in. (3.39 cm x 7.18 cm x 0.34 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.14.421
Other Number(s): A 1265 / A 1202 (Site No.)
Geography: Asia, Turkey, Tarsus
Classification: Unclassifiable Artifacts; Artifact Remnants; Sherds
Culture/Nationality: Prehistoric Anatolian
Collection: Tarsus Excavation
Findspot: Find Spot: Gözlükule, Tarsus, Turkey / A 1265 - TAMT etc., In Kerpic of 11.75 - 14.50 Jogged Fortification Wall / A 1202 - TAM, In Walls of Rooms, 88, 89. 96; Date: December 4, 1938 - January 6, 1939; Meters: 11.75 - 14.50
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Anatolian - Refers to the culture and styles that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Turkey.
- corrugating - Drawing or bending into folds or alternate furrows and ridges.
- Early Bronze Age - Refers to the earliest phase of Bronze Age cultures, which developed differently in different regions, either from Chalcolithic or Neolithic technologies. It differs from the Middle and Late Bronze Age cultures primarily in metal assemblages and burial rites. It is characterized in part by the earliest experimentation with copper alloys to produce bronze, as well as the improvement of stone tools, and various other local cultural developments. Some scholars classify the Chalcolithic as the earliest phase of the Bronze Age.
- rim sherds - Fragments of a ceramic or glass vessel from just below the rim.
- sherds - Limited to fragments of pottery or glass.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Bibliography ListThe following Bibliography exist for this object:
- Hetty Goldman, "Excavations at Gozlu Kule, Tarsus: Volume II, Plates," (1956): Figure Number: Group 245, Figure 185.
- Hetty Goldman, "Excavations at Gozlu Kule, Tarsus: Volume II, Text," (1956): 116.
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Light Clay Corrugated Ware Pottery Rim Sherd".View current selection of records as: