Japanese (1760 - 1849) Primary
Fox, from The Picture Book of Realistic Paintings of Hokusai (Hokusai shashin gafu)20th Century Reproduction, after original of 1814
11.688 x 7.875 in. (29.686 x 20.003 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- color woodcuts - Woodcuts that incorporate color, usually through combining a series of blocks in precise registration that have been inked with individual hues and pressed onto one support.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
- Sheet Dimensions: 11.688 x 7.875 in. (29.686 x 20.003 cm)
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Portfolio is "Asian Prints" and [Object]Object Type Sub 1 is "Prints" and [Object]Century is "20th century".View current selection of records as: