Landscape with Tree Branches
|Showing 1 of 1||
Japanese (1752 - 1811) Primary
Landscape with Tree BranchesLate 18th century - Early 19th century
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: Deanery.240
Other Number(s): 2010.7.8 (Later Renumbering)
Geography: Asia, Japan
Classification: Fine and Visual Arts; Prints; Woodcuts
Collection: Deanery Collection
This object has the following keywords:
- Asian - Refers to the cultures of the continent of Asia, which is in the eastern hemisphere, and is bounded by the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, the Arctic Ocean, and is generally considered to be delimited on the west by the Ural Mountains. It also refers to the numerous islands off the coast of Asia.
- color woodcuts - Woodcuts that incorporate color, usually through combining a series of blocks in precise registration that have been inked with individual hues and pressed onto one support.
- Japanese - Nationality, periods, cultures, and styles found in Japan, either in historical times or in the present.
- trees - Woody, perennial plants usually with a single, long, self-supporting stem or trunk, and which grow to a considerable height.
- woodcuts - Prints made using the process of woodcut, which is a relief process in which the design is cut into and printed from the plank side of a wood block; distinct from "wood engraving (process)," which is a relief process using the grain end of a wood block.
This object was included in the following exhibitions:
- The Tale of Genji: From Princesses to Pop Bryn Mawr College , Jan 25, 2017 – Mar 5, 2017
The following Bibliography exist for this object:
Manufacturers' Appraisal Company,
1954 Manufacturers' Appraisal.
Page Number: 94
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "Landscape with Tree Branches".View current selection of records as: