White Filled Incised and Impressed Gray Ware Pottery Sherd
|Showing 1 of 1||
White Filled Incised and Impressed Gray Ware Pottery SherdLate Bronze Age
2000 BCE - 1200 BCE
2 13/16 x 2 3/4 x 1/4 in. (7.2 x 7 x 0.7 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.14.868
Geography: Asia, Turkey, Tarsus
Classification: Unclassifiable Artifacts; Artifact Remnants; Sherds
Culture/Nationality: Prehistoric Anatolian
Collection: Tarsus Excavation
Findspot: Find Spot: Gözlükule, Tarsus, Turkey; Date: Meters:
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Anatolian - Refers to the culture and styles that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Turkey.
- impressing - Producing indented marks or decorations on a surface by pressing with a shaped tool; used especially with reference to decorations created by pressing a shaped metal or wooden stamp or a coggle wheel into soft clay before firing.
- incising - The process and technique of producing, forming, or tracing a pattern, text, or other usually linear motif by cutting, carving, or engraving.
- Late Bronze Age - Refers to the final stage of Bronze Age cultures, distinguished from the Early and Middle Bronze Age cultures by differences in metal assemblages and burial rites. It is characterized in part by very sophisticated and elaborate metalworking techniques and tool and weapon designs. It is characterized by the development of mass-produced objects, hollow objects, armor, and large objects, such as caldrons and shields.
- sherds - Limited to fragments of pottery or glass.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Bibliography ListThe following Bibliography exist for this object:
- Hetty Goldman, "Excavations at Gozlu Kule, Tarsus: Volume II, Plates," (1956): Figure Number: Group 314, Figure 1101.
- Hetty Goldman, "Excavations at Gozlu Kule, Tarsus: Volume II, Text," (1956): 201.
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Object is "White Filled Incised and Impressed Gray Ware Pottery Sherd".View current selection of records as: