Late Iron Age Cypriot Rim Sherd of MortarLate Iron Age
7th century BCE - 6th century BCE
2 1/8 x 2 7/8 x 1/2 in. (5.4 x 7.3 x 1.3 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
This object has the following keywords:
- Anatolian - Refers to the culture and styles that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Turkey.
- Cypriote - Refers to the culture of the island of Cyprus, particularly during the Bronze Age from about 2300 to 1050 BCE.
- imports - Commodities, merchandise, or materials brought into one country from another for use, sale, reprocessing, exchange, or export.
- Late Iron Age - Refers to a phase of Iron Age culture noted for particular technological and social developments, including the tempering of iron implements.
- rim sherds - Fragments of a ceramic or glass vessel from just below the rim.
This object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BATTY".View current selection of records as: