Beige Burnished Rim and Base SherdLate Bronze Age
2000 BCE - 1200 BCE
1 5/8 x 3 13/16 x 3 in. (4.1 x 9.7 x 7.6 cm)
Bryn Mawr College
Accession Number: 2009.14.1129
Geography: Asia, Turkey, Tarsus
Classification: Unclassifiable Artifacts; Artifact Remnants; Sherds
Culture/Nationality: Prehistoric Anatolian
Collection: Tarsus Excavation
Findspot: Find Spot: Gözlükule, Tarsus, Turkey, T5, N.1, North of "L"; Date: Meters: 14.50-14.70
Keywords Click a term to view the records with the same keywordThis object has the following keywords:
- Anatolian - Refers to the culture and styles that developed in antiquity in the geographical area of modern Turkey.
- bases - Elements at the bottoms of structures or objects upon which the upper parts rest or are supported; for large objects, bases are often relatively massive. For terminal elements upon which objects rest and that are small in relation to the body of the object, use "feet."
- bowls - Rounded, cuplike, hollow parts of objects, such as the body of a stemmed vessel or the part of a pipe in which tobacco is burned.
- bowls - Rounded vessels that are generally wider than they are high, usually hemispherical or nearly so. A bowl may have a spreading base or foot ring and sometimes two handles or a cover. Distinguished from a cup, which is rather deep than wide.
- burnishing - Making shiny or lustrous by rubbing with a tool that compacts or smooths.
- Middle Iron Age - Refers to a phase of Iron Age culture marked by technological and social developments, including carburized iron or steel.
- rim sherds - Fragments of a ceramic or glass vessel from just below the rim.
- vessels - Containers designed to serve as receptacles for a liquid or other substance, usually those of circular section and made of some durable material; especially containers of this nature in domestic use, employed in connection with the preparation or serving of food or drink, and usually of a size suitable for carrying by hand.
Additional Images Click an image to view a larger version
Portfolio List Click a portfolio name to view all the objects in that portfolioThis object is a member of the following portfolios:
Your current search criteria is: Keyword is "BKHDT" and [Object]Culture-Nationality is "Prehistoric Anatolian".View current selection of records as: